Saturday 23 June 2007

Beginning digital beginnings

I have been meaning to develop this blog for a while now, having been a keen blog reader for a number of years and thus recognising their potential. I finally decided to take the time to set it up as I realised that I needed a space in which I can post reflections on and links to my area of research interest (young children's engagement with popular culture, media and new technologies in homes, communities and educational settings) - use it as an online notebook, in other words. I also want it to be a space where I can post links to my favourite sites and blogs; it will be great to have them all in one place. Finally, it will be handy to post my papers/ presentations here so that I can point people to the blog if/ when they ask me for these things - no doubt there are other sites that would be better for that, but this will do for now. So, a multi-purpose blog, let's see how it goes - if you happen to call in, you are most welcome! (And a note to all of my blogging friends - no need AT ALL to feel you have to post a comment, I have been reading your blogs for years without posting them!)

2 comments:

MV said...

This is a wonderful idea Jackie! I can't wait to see how it unfolds. I love the idea of being able to access our insights, articles and so forth in one place!

vivian

Anonymous said...

Hi Vivian, welcome! Yes, although Guy was telling me about a better site for doing that, called 'netvibes', I think - but as it has taken me so long to get going on a blog, I'll stick with this for now!
Jackie