Thursday 19 July 2007

Tuning up

I was at this conference today, where I enjoyed presenting alongside Lynn Scott, a very talented teacher at Childwall Valley Primary School, Liverpool, on young children's digital literacy practices. Lynn amazed the audience with the high quality of digital animation work produced by the 3 and 4 year-old children in her foundation stage setting. You can see some of the films produced by children in other classes in the school on their website, here. The children in the foundation stage also created their own soundtracks for their films using GarageBand - it took me two sessions today before I got the hang of the software, but of course the children were much quicker than that! (And I have to confess...produced much better tunes than I did!)

1 comment:

Guy Merchant said...

For some reason I could only get a couple of these to work, but the one's I saw were truly fabulous. What great work! It just shows how it's now possible for relatively young children to develop narrative that doesn't depend on print literacy.