Monday 11 May 2009

Earbuds study

I don't think I have mentioned before the excellent work of an American scholar, Tyler Bickford. He is an ethnomusicologist (I love that word) who researches childhood and youth cultures and has conducted a fascinating study of children sharing the earbuds of MP3 players in the playground - you can download some of his papers here. I know you will enjoy his work as much as I do, so I decided to devote a whole blog post to it! And talking of music, I am enjoying Antony and the Johnson's new CD at the moment and looking forward to seeing them live next week...now who wants a listen in to my earbuds?!

2 comments:

Tyler Bickford said...

Thanks for the kind words, Jackie! I hope your readers will feel free to get in touch with me if they have any comments or questions, or stories about kids listening together in other situations.

And have fun at the Anthony and the Johnsons concert. It should be great!

-- Tyler B.

Street View Online said...

What a great and interesting post. I like your writing skills and appreciate your working effort making on this post.